ME2 Productions, Inc., Headhunter LLC, Venice PI, LLC, and UN4 Productions, Inc. filed several copyright infringement cases against internet users in NYC in July and August of 2017. If you received a subpoena notification from your ISP or a settlement demand letter from the attorney for these companies, call Attorney Erin Russell today for a free legal consultation at 312-994-2424. Erin handles copyright infringement and torrent downloader settlements nationwide.
Erin wrote a piece explaining the “anatomy” of a BitTorrent copyright troll case here. Erin handles BitTorrent and copyright infringement cases nationwide and charges the same reasonable flat rate in every state. Erin has 13 years of litigation experience and is one of the most experienced BitTorrent defense attorneys in the country. Her consultations are always free.
People tend to get really worried and afraid when they receive one of these letters. Some of them make the mistake of ignoring it. Don’t do that. Getting sued for copyright infringement, even by a copyright troll, is to be taken seriously. However, it is rarely cause for great alarm. There are a few things you should know before you read any further:
1. This is a manageable problem. You can handle this. The only mistake you could make would be to ignore the letter you received from your Internet Service Provider. If you think you need to settle, Erin can help you do that and explain your exposure and your options. If you’re sure you didn’t do it, Erin can explain to you your options for proving it.
2. You have very good options either way, and you can choose what happens next in your case. You can get a fair settlement. I can help you do that. I’ve helped more than 3,000 people settle their copyright infringement case at a fair number. You can also litigate. I have helped people do that as well.
3. Getting sued for copyright infringement of a single film is not going to ruin you financially. It’s just something you have to be diligent about taking care of so you can get the best possible result.
4. If you act sooner rather than later when you receive a letter from your internet provider, you can avoid having your name disclosed to the plaintiff and can avoid having your name made public on the court’s docket in the case. Your case can be worked out without it affecting your credit or involving public records.
5. Attorney Erin Russell has handled more than a thousand BitTorrent defense cases involving a single film being downloaded. Some of those cases were settled, and some were dismissed outright when we successfully proved the subscriber’s innocence. Erin has won these cases in court and has negotiated fair settlements for many subscribers.
6. Everything will be ok! Tend to this problem promptly and it will be out of your way quickly and quietly.
Having said all of that, if you received a letter from your Internet Service Provider regarding one of the “Venice PI” lawsuits, Erin can help. Attorney Erin Russell has helped thousands of accused downloaders to either litigate or settle their copyright infringement cases. You can call any time and have a free telephone consultation with Erin at 312-994-2424. She has 13 years of litigation experience, and is one of the most experienced BitTorrent defense attorneys in the country. A consultation with Erin is always free.
Erin charges a reasonable flat fee for all BitTorrent defense cases nationwide, and offers discounts to students, senior citizens and members of the military. You can pay your fee by cash, credit card, BitCoin or Ethereum (your fee will be discounted for payment by BitCoin or Ethereum.) Call 312-994-2424 and get a free consultation right away. Erin will give you all of the information you need about the litigation and about your exposure so you can make a decision about whether to settle or to litigate, and how best to use your resources to take care of your case.
The following torrent downloader cases were filed in July and August in the Southern District of New York (NYC):
Headhunter, LLC v. Doe — 1:17-cv-05314-DLC
Headhunter, LLC v. Doe — 1:17-cv-05895-PAE
Venice PI, LLC v. Doe — 1:17-cv-05594-ALC-BCM
ME2 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-5701-PGG-HBP
UN4 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-06430-UA
These companies previously filed the following cases in the Southern District of New York:
ME2 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-00929-LLS
ME2 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-01049-PGG-HBP
ME2 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-02284-ER
ME2 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-02645-DLC
UN4 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-03698-LTS-AJP
UN4 Productions, Inc. v. Doe — 1:17-cv-04817-LAK-HBP
Venice PI, LLC v. Doe — 1:17-cv-04904-ALC-BCM